STUDY IN NETHERLANDS @SEABIRD
Netherlands or Holland is a country located in Western Europe with a population of 17 million. Sharing borders with many countries due to its location, it has become an ideal location for students wanting to study in Netherlands. Amsterdam is the largest city and the capital. The Port of Rotterdam is the largest port in Europe making Netherlands an important part of the trade in Europe.
Netherlands has the thirteenth-highest per capita income in the world and is also the world's second-largest exporter of food and agricultural products. Being home to 5 international courts, Netherlands has been dubbed "the world's legal capital." In 2017, The UN World Happiness Report ranked the Netherlands as the sixth-happiest country in the world making it an ideal destination for international students aspiring to study in Netherlands. It has a generous welfare state that provides universal health care, good infrastructure along with a wide range of social benefits.
Some of the best Social Benefits are:
- The Netherlands, or Holland as it is popularly known, is a constitutional monarchy with one of the most stable economies in all of Europe. The capital city of the Netherlands is Amsterdam but the seat of the government is at The Hague.
- With a population of nearly 16.5 million people, the Netherlands is one of the most densely populated countries in Europe. Nearly a third of the Netherlands is below sea-level and for a long time the Dutch constructed dykes and barricades to ensure that their lands do not get flooded by sea-water.
- Nearly 40% of the country's population lives in the area known as the Ramstad — this area is made up of cities like Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Utrecht. Languages like Dutch, German and English are spoken by people in this region.
- The Netherlands is home to world-famous companies like Philips, Unilever, Rabobank, KPMG, Endemol, Elsevier and more. This proves once again that it is not the size of a nation, but the ambitions of its people that contribute to its economic growth.
- The position of the country—between the area of high-pressure air masses centred on the Azores and the low-pressure region centred on Iceland—makes the Netherlands an area of collision between warm and polar air masses, thus creating unsettled weather. Winds meet with little resistance over the flat country, though the hills in the south significantly diminish the velocity of the potent wind that prevails along the coast.
Why study in Netherlands
As taking a challenge for going abroad for study is difficult task for every new student. So There are many perspectives that can be taken into account before taking admission onto Netherlands educational institutes. Out of which few are mentioned below :INTERNATIONAL & MULTICULUTRAL ENVIRONMENT:
More than 80000 students were enrolled in various higher education programmes in 2016 – 17 to study in Netherlands. Out of which 1,525 students from India studying at Dutch government-funded universities in the 2016-2017 study year (221 more than a year before).Most dutch educational institutes have international students ,which help students throughout their studies.AFFORDABLE STUDY COST:
Studying in Netherlands is not much expensive as compared to other English speaking countries such as UK & USA. Dutch higher education is subsidized by their government for students and it is relatively low. Averagely student need to pay tuition fee for degree programme or for other course is starts nearly EURO 1,900 EU students and EURO 6000 for Non EU students.
A WIDE RANGE OF STUDY IS BEING TAUGHT IN ENGLISH :
More than 2100 English taught studies and courses are available in the Netherlands that covering a broad range of fields in Diploma, Degree and Masters. There are some universities where student need to apply in English language test so that is mandatory .
Universities in the Netherlands for international students
- University of Amsterdam
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Leiden University
- University of Groningen
- Utrecht University
- Maastricht University
- Radboud University Nijmegen
- University of Twente
- VU University Amsterdam
- Eindhoven University of Technology (Technische Universiteit Eindhoven)
- Tilburg University